Good for you garlic mashed potatoes have irresistible garlicky, cheesy flavor in every bite. Cauliflower is added to mashed potatoes to up the health benefits without compromising on flavor. You’ll love the healthy twist on this classic side dish. Make a big batch of good for you garlic mashed potatoes to enjoy all week long!
This cauliflower potato mash is just as easy to make as traditional mashed potatoes with far fewer carbs. And since cheese pairs so well with both potatoes and cauliflower, we added the perfect amount of garlic spreadable cheese to upgrade the flavor. Fluffy, light and flavorful – you can’t ask for anything more from a bowl of delicious mashed potatoes and cauliflower!
To get started, you’ll need a large GoodCook Classic Covered Dutch Oven, which is the perfect size for boiling the potatoes and cauliflower. Add the broth and seasoning, boil until tender, and drain using a GoodCook Colander.
Transfer the potatoes and cauliflower to a GoodCook 5 Qt Mixing Bowl and combine with the spreadable garlic cheese. The GoodCook Classic Chrome Potato Masher is perfect for this task. That’s all it takes to whip up a bowl of cheesy cauliflower potatoes!
Follow the steps below to make this irresistible side dish:
How To Make Good For You Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- In a large GoodCook Pot, add cauliflower, potatoes, broth, garlic powder and salt.
- Bring the liquid a boil and cook over medium-high heat until the potatoes are very tender, about 30-35 minutes.
- Drain the excess liquid using a GoodCook Colander and transfer the cooked potatoes and cauliflower to a large bowl.
- Add the garlic cheese and mash the potatoes and cauliflower with a GoodCook Chrome Potato Masher until thick and creamy.
Storing and Freezing Mashed Potatoes
- Make sure the mashed cheesy potatoes and cauliflower are cooled. Store in a GoodCook EveryWare Food Storage Containers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To freeze, place the potato cauliflower mash in a GoodCook EveryWare Food Storage Containers. Make sure to label the bag with the date. Freeze for up to 10 months.
- To reheat, thaw in the fridge overnight. When ready to eat, microwave for a few minutes until heated through.
- Alternatively, scoop one-cup portions of the mashed cauliflower potatoes onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freezer for a few hours to overnight, until the mashed potatoes are frozen through. Transfer to GoodCook EveryWare Food Storage Containers and store in the freezer for up to 10 months.
Delicious side dishes are a breeze with the GoodCook line of cookware and bakeware. Start with a GoodCook Carbon Steel Chef’s Knife for the slicing and dicing and a GoodCook Chrome Potato Masher for mashing. Get your cooking done in a large and roomy GoodCook Classic Covered Dutch Oven. Are you ready for a big batch of tasty mashed cauliflower and potatoes?
Make & Share
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
Good For You Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 20 oz cauliflower
- 2 lb baby creamer potatoes
- 2 (32 oz) jars vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 6 oz garlic spreadable cheese (like Boursin)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley (for garnish)
In a large pot, add cauliflower, potatoes, broth, garlic powder and salt. Bring to a boil and cook over medium-high heat until potatoes are very tender, about 30-35 minutes. Drain excess liquid. Transfer to a large bowl. Add garlic cheese and mash potatoes with a potato masher until thick and creamy.